Looking back at the news this past year it’s no surprise that Trump and those who surround him accounted for many of the most syndicated articles from repubHub in 2017, but it is interesting that women in Trump’s administration were the subjects of interest, not Trump himself, in five months.
It was refreshing to see that subjects other than Trump rose to the top in popularity. The generosity of Rick Steves, as reported by Good News Network, was one of the most viewed articles of 2017.
The most-viewed article of the year was a bittersweet November piece by International Business Times reporting on the viral nature of an AFP photo of deported Mexicans who had served the U.S. in combat in Vietnam and Iraq, saluting the U.S. flag, although the original article by AFP (also available for syndication from repubHub) was covering a protest march against the Trump administration on Veteran’s Day in Mexico.
January: Penthouse Might Have Proof of Russian Golden Shower Gate, International Business Times, Jan. 13.
February: Where in the World is Kellyanne Conway? Crooks & Liars, Feb. 20.
March: Melania Trump’s Being Asked to Leave the Big Apple, International Business Times, Mar. 28.
April: Rick Steves Sacrifices Nest Egg to House Homeless Women and Kids, Good News Network, Apr. 18.
May: Where in the World is Melania Trump? Newsweek, May 14.
July: Creationists Sell Christian Theme Park to Themselves to Avoid $700,000 in Taxes, International Business Times, July 19.
August: What Will Obama Do Next? Newsweek, Aug. 12.
September: Judge Denies NFL Stay Request in Elliott Case, The Sports Xchange, Sept. 18
October: Trump Wanted to Rename America’s Biggest Mountain, Newsweek, Oct. 23.
November: Photo of Deported Veterans Saluting U.S. Flag Goes Viral, International Business Times, Nov. 12. (The original reporting and photo from AFP is also noteworthy as the source of this article.)
December: An Old Tweet Returns to Haunt Sara Sanders, International Business Times, Dec. 4.
Enhance Your Original Journalism with repubHub
Editors can monitor and locate news that enhances their own original journalism in a variety of ways using the resources and tools of repubHub. Here are just a few:
- Scan headlines on the repubHub home page periodically throughout the day to review a list of trending headlines ranked by their social velocity (the number indicates interactions on Facebook and Twitter) giving you an objective look at the hottest news over the last 24 hours. (You can also adjust this view to exclude Facebook activity or Twitter activity.)
- Scan headlines of the most popular articles since publication (not just the last 24 hours) based on similar social media data.
- Scan headlines of the most recent articles published by our most prominent providers.
- Review the latest articles from one of the 18 filtered category tabs, such as Environment, Health, and Politics.
- Review the results of a personal saved search on topics customized to your specific needs.
- After doing a keyword or exact phrase search, the search can be saved as a personal tab that updates in real time throughout the day.
- You can even get email notifications of these results daily, or as the news happens.
- Create a trending headlines widget to embed on your site’s homepage (or elsewhere) that updates continuously throughout the day.
Editors who live and breathe in WordPress are especially fortunate
All these options are available directly in the WordPress dashboard, making it a two-click trip from discovery to delivery to your readers. The iCopyright Republishing Suite is simple and fast to deploy.
Share Your repubHub Tips and Ideas with Us
Have a tip to share on your favorite way to access syndicated content on repubHub? Share it in the comments.
Have an idea for enhancing repubHub? We’re all ears. Send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org.